District 5 Report
- Anadarko – Nothing new to report
- Altus – Nothing new to report
- Chickasha – Filed two grievances on insurance issues, City paid on both of them so grievances were settled. Filed another grievance on promotion exam, grievance did not have any bearing on outcome of promotion however any issue needed to be dealt with. Chief and Union will work towards a solution without grievance being forwarded to City Manager.
- Duncan – Currently in negotiations
- Fredrick – Nothing new to report
- Lawton – Local filed grievance over discipline issue, member accused of violating policy on something he may or may not have said. Deputy Chief issued long-winded letter which dropped the discipline therefore grievance was settled.
- Mustang – Nothing new to report on
- Newcastle – Nothing new to report
- Tuttle – Negotiations on going, City is pressing to utilize retired judges for grievance procedure
Crossover work in other district:
Put on arbitration case in Claremore, case went well and we were done by no. Arbitration panel agreed that no briefs were needed and the neutral arbitrator should have his decision done in thirty days. Also Brian and I stopped and had lunch with former PFFO VP Carriger and local board from Catoosa. Gordon has been assigned to assist them in negotiations by the IAFF and we met to discuss issues they are having.