PFFO District 3
March 2017 Report
1. Bartlesville – Pending grievance regarding selection of members to participate in Fire Department Honor Guard. Seniority and past practice was not followed. Negotiations to begin March 22, 2017.
2. Bristow – 2016-2017 contract was only recently ratified and included a new step increase schedule. Intent and verbal agreement was that step the increase schedule would be implemented on July 1, 2016, with members receiving their steps on their anniversary date. City now disagrees. In discussion to decide whether to grieve or find resolution in 2017-2018 contract negotiations.
3. Collinsville – Having issues with minimum manning being met. Local President is working to find agreeable solution. The current Fire Chief is to retire soon. Previous issue with one members insurance is being discussed with the City, but no resolution has been reached yet.
4. Newkirk – Local is not intending to negotiate for 2017-2018 due to wage increase received in the 2016-2017 contract.
5. Northwest – Negotiations have begun but have been put on hold due to the members being moved out of their stations and into temporary work trailers because of mold removal in their stations.
6. Perry – Letter of intent was not submitted within the allotted timeframe. I drafted a letter for them to be submitted and will attempt to get City to agree to negotiate regardless.
7. Pryor – Negotiations have begun and both parties (Mayor and Local) have agreed to negotiate without having either the City Attorney or PFFO representation in attendance.
All other Locals were either unable to be contacted or have nothing new to report.